INVITATION TO PARTICIPATE IN A Study about mindfulness and creative collaboration
A study is being conducted at Northumbria University School of Design in Newcastle, UK, that aims to explore the potential impact of a design-relevant form of mindfulness. Whilst some onsite groups have already participated in the study, an idea emerged to open it to a wider audience.
If you are a design professional and/or academic and/or student, involved in a context of team creative collaboration, you are invited to participate.
The study asks for an engagement as follows:
- 15-20 minutes once at the beginning of the study period (approximately 6 weeks) to complete an informed consent form, and two (2) pre-practice short self-report surveys.
- 2-4 minutes daily or almost daily through the study period (approximately 6 weeks), to engage with a simple guided mindful reflection (this can be done from any computer or mobile device).
- 15-20 minutes once at the end of the study period (approximately 6 weeks) to complete a short retrospective reflection, and two post-practice (2) short self-report surveys.
If this sounds appealing to you please read on.
Participants in the study will be invited up to 31 January 2017.
The daily engagements with the mindful reflection device will then be expected to last approximately 6 weeks, although you are encouraged to begin as soon as you sign up.
The steps to participate are:
- Complete the following initial informed consent form here: https://goo.gl/forms/FTg5xL7lmrL6C1CD3
- Join the following Facebook group where it will be possible to ask questions, receive notifications and other communications with regards to the study, here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/UNNSTUDY/
- Create a unique identifier that you will use with all submissions to ensure anonymity, here: https://guidgenerator.com/
- Complete the following initial 2 surveys: Survey 1: https://goo.gl/forms/1OTQsXK0Rnx1XxZl1 and, Survey 2: https://goo.gl/forms/b3Wf2WYazVer4jQi1
- Start engaging with the guided mindful reflection device on a daily or almost daily basis. The form explains the simple two-step process, here: https://goo.gl/forms/TROYUZBsMKToW5CK2
- Complete the forms at the end of the study: (These will be provided then)
Hope you are encouraged to participate. If you'd like to contact me you may do so through the Facebook group page or here: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can see related publications here:
Northumbria University School of Design